Wednesday, November 21, 2007

025. Sports Illustrated

When I went to discrete today, people were mad about Kevin Love, the senior that graduated from our school last year.
We discussed it in Discrete Math about it. People were pissed at Kevin for bashing LO in the Sports Illustrated Interview.
I didn't know how bad it was, but they were talking about how he said people didn't support or respect him in LO. Everyone was outraged by that because we had an assembly JUST FOR HIM.
And he didn't really come to school... is what I heard. I never knew Kevin, so I don't know.
But the sports kids, especially the football players, were calling him a jackass.

I got curious, so when I went to Albertsons today, I went to the magazine section to check it out.
And from what I read, it was mostly about him and his friend and how they're going to succeed.
But at the end of the article, there was his dad talking, saying "Just because he went to Lake Oswego doesn't mean that Kevin had a great life there."


What The Fuck ?


That ticked me off, because it totally sounds like they're the only one that went through hardship in LO. And that is NOT TRUE. There are so many people who hate LO, and I am one of them. People here are rude. And annoying.

And then his dad goes on about how half of the bleachers were empty every game until play-offs or whatever they're called, how there were more out-of-state fans and what-not.
Lastly, the article talked about how his dad and the coach clashed alot, and once his dad threw a fit over the coach for not letting his son play.
The next day, he posted "FIRE SHAFF" (the coach) sticker all over the school wall.
And when the school didn't fire him, the family threatened to file a law suit.


I thought Kevin was stupid for saying bad things about his community, but I have to say.

His parents are jackasses too.

I don't get WHY parents in America FREAK OUT about little things. "OMG MY SON IS NOT PLAYING WTF FILE A LAW SUIT!!"
Yes, I think it's great to be proud of your child.
But I mean, is it THAT big of a deal?
I think it's funny.


One of the kids in Discrete said "They won't be able to say ANY of this if they lived in LO."
I agree. The only reason they can say all that crap is because they don't live in LO anymore.

No comments: